Anurag Thakur : Politician From Himachal, Rated Most ICONIC & Stylish Politician !
Anurag Thakur the youngest ever new big boss of BCCI’s has been awarded India’s Top Stylish and Iconic Politician. The Member of Parliament and BCCI honcho stands a class apart when it comes to style. Not only does he own a wardrobe that is an eclectic mix of crisp suits and ethnicwear, he is also a fashion champion when it comes to the little details. From pocket squares and on-trend jodhpuris to tan Derby shoes — his style exudes confidence. (Source HindustanTimes.Com)
Additionally being most stylish, Anurag Thakur has been a Constant Achiever, be it politics or Sports or Public Life. Son of Former Himachal Pradesh CM, Mr. Prem Kumar Dhumal, it is just obvious to believe that a Chief Minster’s Son can make everything possible without any effort, on the contrary , what Anurag Thakur has achieved is no easy go story from bottom to pinnacle. Thakur, being in limelight faced lots of opposition, dragging and conspiracies to prove his command in every step he took it as challenge. But its the maturity and style of his working, he got to achieve, which seems almost impossible in such a Young Age !
Soon Atter Anurag Thakur Took Over as BCCI chief, he conveyed He cam with latest goals and tasks to be implemented soon
Mr. Anurag Thakur in his first address to the media after being unanimously elected as the BCCI President raised several key points and announced a slew of reforms.
A list of the important points announced by him.
• BCCI to issue advertisement for the post of coach for the Indian team. The deadline to submit applications will be June 10.
• Steps to be taken to make Team India the top ranked team in all three formats of the game.
• Rs. 5 Crore corpus created for the next five years to help visually challenged and deaf and dumb cricketers.
• BCCI to earmark Rs. 100 crore for one-year water conservation project using solar panels. ‘Rain Water Harvesting’ and ‘Sewage Treatment’ to be undertaken to help conserve water. Future stadia to be eco-friendly.
• Santosh Rangnekar appointed new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as part of reforms suggested by Lodha Panel.
• A minimum 10% tickets to be given to girl students and specially-abled persons during international matches. Specially designated seating area at stadia for physically challenged.
• All stadia to have seats with numbers for better in-stadia experience for the fans.
• All State Associations asked to create official Facebook/Twitter accounts to engage with the fans and provide relevant timely updates.
• Creating ‘Mobile Coaching App’ authorized by the BCCI so that upcoming cricketers in remote areas can get access to state-of-the-art coaching as more and more people have access to smartphones.
• A committee to submit report on women’s cricket and provide recommendations on participation of women’s cricketers in Women’s Big Bash League and to discuss the potential for the Women’s Indian Premier League. Implementation of Central Contract
Here’s what Mr. Thakur said in his opening remarks.
My cricketing journey began at the age of 14 as a young player and at the age of 25, I entered sports administration taking over as President of HPCA.
Over the years, I took on various administrative positions in different sports bodies. We worked hard, building the beautiful HPCA Stadium in Dharamshala and another five excellent cricket infrastructure at Bilaspur, Una, Amtar, Pragati Nagar and Laal Pani in Himachal Pradesh.
During 2001-2004 I was given the role of a National Junior Selector by BCCI and a few years later in 2011, I was elected Jt. Secretary and subsequently Hon. Secretary of the BCCI in 2015. We initiated numerous steps in the interest of the players, fans and the game of cricket at large.
We will also appoint coaches to the Indian Team and those wishing to apply may do so by 10th June 2016.
We have also taken numerous measures to support women’s cricket and will look at recommendations that their committee provides as we move forward. Special arrangements will be made for school students and differently-abled fans to watch upcoming Test matches. We will also provide seat numbers to make your match experience even better.
We are working on a Cricket Coaching Application to assist coaches and budding cricketers.